rom the very beginning of Clemson’s history, Masons have shared in the events of its building. It was not until 1902 that any idea of forming a lodge had its inception. In August, 1902, at the call of M.W. Bro. S.M. Martin, a meeting was held in the North East room of the second floor of Tillman Hall – it being the classroom of Dr. George E. Nesom. This meeting was the beginning of Clemson Lodge No. 254 A.F.M. Those attending were Brothers S.M. Martin, G.E. Nesom, August Schilletter, A.M. Redfern, C.M. Conner, O.R. Doyle, H. Benton, J.H. McHugh, Sam W. Cox, G.H. Rawl, and W.W. Klugh.